Is there really a difference?
Is it worth paying money to a carpet cleaning business to get your carpet cleaned?
Let’s face it, your carpet is one of the most expensive assets in your house. Wouldn’t you like to look after it, to extend its life and save money?
Getting your carpet cleaned professionally does exactly that! The key here is the word ‘professionally’. Not all carpet cleaners are the same – and not all carpet cleaners will provide you with a service that will protect your carpet.
When looking for a carpet cleaner ask the following:
- Are you a member of an association? – for example NUCCRA
- Do you have recognised training? (which all association members have)
- Do you have a service guarantee?
What should a professional carpet cleaner do?
- inspect and assess your carpet
- vacuum thoroughly
- choose an appropriate cleaning method for your carpet
- take you through the property and ensure you are happy with the work
More importantly, when you hire a carpet cleaning machine, you use a one method fits all approach. You might be lucky and leave your carpets in a decent state but that is not the only purpose for carpet cleani. You want to:
- Make the carpets look clean
- Remove stains from the carpet
- Make the property hygenic to live/work in
Do you know if the chemicals you are using are suitable to your carpet type? Do you know if you are using too much water that will cause the carpet to go ‘brown’ in patches? Do you know if your vacuum is strong enough to get out most of the dry soils – if not you are simply creating mud. Without totally freaking you out, I want to make it very clear that carpet cleaning is not simply about spraying a chemicals and sucking it out.